Thursday, March 12, 2009

'Border Issues?...Really? 'Time and Unforseen Occurances'...

Thought I'd take just a minute, really stepping out of my bubble, to assuage the fears of those who've been following the news of the border 'massacres'! Maybe I am in a bubble; what 'massacres'? I'm just living here! It's not just me, however, blissfully enjoying life in the Baja, unconcerned with what's happening in the drug world along the borders, it's everyone. Most likely, there have been more murders, beatings, muggings, rapes, etc. closer to your proximity than mine. 8,000 killed? Where? Wouldn't the people of this country know this, or wouldn't some of their lives be effected by this if it were true? Hummm... So far, this is not, effecting our lives, or the crossing in either direction, of the border. If we're having a problem we don't know it yet. I've crossed it several times in the last month myself, unscathed! This is just me thinking in my bubble, but, others seem to share it.

So, I'm not filming this, but here is a 'guiding principle for life'... a real one; "time and unforseen occurance befall us all,"  so don't waste time and energy on sensationalism of unforseeable occurances...that's it! I can't promise that an unforseen occurance won't befall me or anyone else that endeavors to travel here but I don't think any of you can make that promise in your locale either. 

Hope this makes everyone feel better. Rest assured. Be fearless in your lives and travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment